Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Treats

Our Girl Scout Troop had our annual Halloween party. We love spooky treats!


These creepy spiders are made of a marshmallow with chow-mien noodles stuck in the sides for legs. Next I melted some chocolate in a ziploc baggie and cut off the corner of the bag once the chocolate was all melted. (I put the chocolate in a bag, put it in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time and repeat until all the chocolate is melted) I drizzled chocolate over the marshmallows and then put mini m&m's on for eyes. 


My co-leader made these. The Eyeballs are made just like buckeye candies and then she put a mini m&m on top and made the blood vessels out of frosting.


These gruesome fingers are made from my regular roll recipe. Then I rolled the dough like when you made snakes out of play dough. Next I took a sharp knife to make a couple of slits in the middle for knuckle marks. Then I brushed the dough with an egg wash and put a slivered almond on the end to look like a fingernail.


These worms were definitely my favorite. I got the idea and recipe here.



We had regular fruit punch but we had a brain in it. The brain was made out of pink lemonade in a mold.

1 comment:

  1. What creative treats! I can't believe they ate the worms..I have to say I don't know if I would be brave enough!!! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete